- 1. Because men’s hearts are naturally inclined to idolatry and superstitions.
- Because idolatry practised in the name of Christianity easily commends itself to the taste of all men.
- Because natural faith, which is the faith common to all men, seeks something on which it can lean upon: something that the natural eyes can see; whereas, special faith, which is the faith of God’s elect (Titus 1:1), seeks nothing to lean upon which is perceptible to the natural eyes; the faith of natural men walk by sight, but the faith of God’s elect does not walk by sight.
- Because lies told in the name of Bible Christianity is easily received for truth and hard to detect.
- Because God promised to blind men and rewire them to believe a lie that they might be damned, seeing they received not the love of the truth (2 Thess 2:11-12).
- Because God promised to give men over to their own heart’s lusts (Psa 81:12).
- Because Satan loves to imitate the truth; the Apostles used the anointing oil to heal the sick in Mark 6:13, and Satan wants seeks to imitate the same.
- Because we live in the perilous times of the lasts days when men shall prefer fables to sound doctrine, and carnal worshippers shall seek out false, effeminate, seeker-sensitive, teachers to scratch their itching ears (2 Tim 4:3-4).
- Because Satan, through the prosperity gospel of the Pentecostals and Charismatics, have preoccupied men with the care of the state of their body, while they never care about the state of the souls.
- Because men love magic, and would readily receive it if it is now practised in the name of the Bible and in the name of Jesus Christ.
- Because men count the longsuffering of God as slackness and delay (2 Pet 3:9)
- Because Pentecostals and Charismatics think the Holy Ghost is contained in the bottle of the anointing oil, just as the Pope and his groupies think the body, soul, and divinity of the Lord Jesus Christ are contained in the bread and wine of the communion.
- Because broad is the way that leadeth to destruction and many there be that go in thereat; but strait is the gate and narrow is the way that leadeth to life, and few there be that find it Matt 7:13-14).
It is the way of the natural man to neglect the best of the gifts of God to settle for the least, and even believers tend to do this since they still carry their depraved nature in them. This seems to be the case of the Corinthian church; they were settling for the gifts of tongues, which was by far the least of the spiritual gifts, hence Paul told them: “But covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way” (1 Cor 12:31).
In our time there seems to be more and more men settling down for the use of the anointing oil, which is by far an outdated gift, and also very irrelevant to the saints today. God has given us something far better and superior than the anointing oil. We are not left as orphans in this world, nor have we been left defenceless in our war against sin, the flesh and the world. This article will show that God has given to his saints something better than the anointing oil.
While the Lord Jesus Christ tabernacled in the flesh among us, his disciples were never perplexed nor troubled; the thought of their vulnerability to the powers of darkness never entered into their hearts because they found a sure refuge in him. In Matthew 14:23-33 they witnessed him walk over the water and rescue them from the boisterious storm; in Mark 4:37-41 they witnessed him rebuke the wind and the sea and they yielded perfect obedience to him, such that they said with their own mouth, “What manner of man is this, that Continue reading
“Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.” John 3:7
Jesus told one of the most religious men of his day named Nicodemus that he must be BORN AGAIN (John 3:3). This being born again is generally known as the NEW BIRTH (John 3:1-8). It is the only doorway into the kingdom of God, the only escape from the wrath of God soon to come, the strait gate and the narrow way that leads to life which very few find (Matthew 7:13,14). The new birth is the only cure for man’s sinful nature and lusts. It is the only solution the sinner needs; the single dose therapy that can keep him out of hell; and whoever keeps this all-important truth from men is an enemy of their soul, and any preacher or author who corrupts the doctrine of the new birth is to be dreaded as a deadly cancer.
Every sinner is under the wrath of God, whether he believes it or not. A holy God must punish sin and destroy sinners.
Many a sinner do not sense God’s wrath and impending judgement upon them because Satan has blinded them, and YOU, my reader, might be one of them, thinking all is well with your soul, but sooner than you expect death sweeps you into hell. Do not flatter yourself. Do not think all is well. There is a HOLY GOD in heaven that must punish sin and those practising it. Only a fool says in his heart that there is no God (Psalm 53:1).
Many preachers and churches do not preach this truth, and even when they do, they pervert it. Some preach that the NEW BIRTH is water baptism, others say it is Holy Ghost baptism and speaking in tongues, and others say it is “making a decision for Jesus” and praying the sinner’s prayer. All of these man-made opinions mentioned fall short of what the bible calls the NEW BIRTH. Continue reading
II Thessalonians 2:
1 Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,
2 That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.
3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.
Paul’s Order of Events by Holy Spirit Inspiration
1. A falling away from the true gospel.
2. Antichrist, the Man of Sin, revealed.
3. Jesus Christ’s Second Coming for His saints.
Deceivers Who Reverse the Order of the Holy Spirit
Benny Hinn Continue reading
This question is often asked by those the Lord has humbled to see the faulty foundation of the Charismatic movement. They often ask, “If I leave the Charismatic movement and their churches, what hope is there for me?” “If I should renounce my membership and fellowship with the Charismatic churches and follow the truth I have found, what next? What will my Christian life be like?” It is chiefly for the help of such people that I have prepared this article? Having experienced the depths of the Charismatic movement myself, before the Lord graciously delivered me from it, I seek to be of help to those who are concerned about the truth.
God comforted me while he gently drew me out of the Charismatic movement, and I seek to comfort those who have been so badly wounded and hurt by their involvement in the Charismatic movement. Truly, God “comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God” (2 Cor. 1: 4).
Reader, before you go further, the question before you is “Have you been convinced that the present Pentecostal/Charismatic movement is un-scriptural? Have you been brought to see that the present movement that lays much claim on having the gifts and power of the Holy Ghost as the First Century church had is a fraud, and a counterfeit of the original Christianity?” These questions are of utmost importance, and if it be that you came across this article by chance(if chance it can be called), then I ask you to see our article “Few questions for the Spirit-filled Charismatic?”
Acts 1:8 “But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in Judaea, and in Samaria, and to the uttermost part of the earth.”
I have several reasons that constrains me to speak on this topic and to touch this verse of the bible today.
- I want to touch this verse because it was the very verse that was used to deceive me. After I was awakened to the sense of my lost state through reading Jonathan Edwards “Sinners in the hands of an angry God”, I was not grounded in the scriptures nor taught the proper New Testament doctrine that is essential to the growth of a Christian. Rather, I was constantly told that unless I received the Holy Ghost baptism and spoke in tongues, I didn’t have God’s power as the New Testament Christians had it.
- I want to touch this verse today because it was the very verse that I also used to deceive many people to buy into the lie of modern speaking in tongues. During our Holy Ghost services, I often used this verse to get people’s mind worked up, and to get them prepared for a “touch from heaven”. If you were a new convert, and the pastor tells you that you need a “divine touch from above” to make you more powerful over devils and hell, won’t you be willing to have such power?
- I want to touch this verse today because the Pentecostals still use it to deceive many unwary souls into the lie of babbling in tongues. Remember when we were in the Pentecostal Religion, when we were using that uncompleted building with uncemented floor, one of our members named Amarachi (she no longer worships with us since we reformed) used to attend our “Double Portion Anointing Services” with extra pairs of clothes in her hand bag should in case the holy ghost power was much on her and she falls on the mud floor staining her clothes, she would go to the ladies room and change into another clothes. She never missed coming to the Anointing Service without extra clothes but I don’t remember seeing her jotting anything during the services. She had extra clothes but no pen and jotter. That is Pentecost for you!
I will speak harshly this morning because most of the time the truth is bitter, and it takes bitter herbs to cure a dangerous disease. Medicinal herbs are never sweet to drink, yet you must drink it to have your cure from the disease.