- 1. Because men’s hearts are naturally inclined to idolatry and superstitions.
- Because idolatry practised in the name of Christianity easily commends itself to the taste of all men.
- Because natural faith, which is the faith common to all men, seeks something on which it can lean upon: something that the natural eyes can see; whereas, special faith, which is the faith of God’s elect (Titus 1:1), seeks nothing to lean upon which is perceptible to the natural eyes; the faith of natural men walk by sight, but the faith of God’s elect does not walk by sight.
- Because lies told in the name of Bible Christianity is easily received for truth and hard to detect.
- Because God promised to blind men and rewire them to believe a lie that they might be damned, seeing they received not the love of the truth (2 Thess 2:11-12).
- Because God promised to give men over to their own heart’s lusts (Psa 81:12).
- Because Satan loves to imitate the truth; the Apostles used the anointing oil to heal the sick in Mark 6:13, and Satan wants seeks to imitate the same.
- Because we live in the perilous times of the lasts days when men shall prefer fables to sound doctrine, and carnal worshippers shall seek out false, effeminate, seeker-sensitive, teachers to scratch their itching ears (2 Tim 4:3-4).
- Because Satan, through the prosperity gospel of the Pentecostals and Charismatics, have preoccupied men with the care of the state of their body, while they never care about the state of the souls.
- Because men love magic, and would readily receive it if it is now practised in the name of the Bible and in the name of Jesus Christ.
- Because men count the longsuffering of God as slackness and delay (2 Pet 3:9)
- Because Pentecostals and Charismatics think the Holy Ghost is contained in the bottle of the anointing oil, just as the Pope and his groupies think the body, soul, and divinity of the Lord Jesus Christ are contained in the bread and wine of the communion.
- Because broad is the way that leadeth to destruction and many there be that go in thereat; but strait is the gate and narrow is the way that leadeth to life, and few there be that find it Matt 7:13-14).
It is the way of the natural man to neglect the best of the gifts of God to settle for the least, and even believers tend to do this since they still carry their depraved nature in them. This seems to be the case of the Corinthian church; they were settling for the gifts of tongues, which was by far the least of the spiritual gifts, hence Paul told them: “But covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way” (1 Cor 12:31).
In our time there seems to be more and more men settling down for the use of the anointing oil, which is by far an outdated gift, and also very irrelevant to the saints today. God has given us something far better and superior than the anointing oil. We are not left as orphans in this world, nor have we been left defenceless in our war against sin, the flesh and the world. This article will show that God has given to his saints something better than the anointing oil.
While the Lord Jesus Christ tabernacled in the flesh among us, his disciples were never perplexed nor troubled; the thought of their vulnerability to the powers of darkness never entered into their hearts because they found a sure refuge in him. In Matthew 14:23-33 they witnessed him walk over the water and rescue them from the boisterious storm; in Mark 4:37-41 they witnessed him rebuke the wind and the sea and they yielded perfect obedience to him, such that they said with their own mouth, “What manner of man is this, that Continue reading